Follow directions and advice from Team Leaders and also ensure that protocols and standard operating procedures are adhered to.
The Cultural Heritage Field Officer is responsible and held accountable to:
- Assist with Pre-Start Checklists and Tool Box meetings.
- Assist with packing and unpacking of lunches and vehicles.
- Assist in writing and recording of field notes on a daily basis.
- Become competent in the use of GPS and map reading skills.
- Ensure daily communication with Team Leader.
- Ensure correct PPE at all times.
- Report any disturbance of Cultural Heritage.
- Reporting any hazards to the team leader.
- Ensure maintenance on vehicles is reported.
- Help with washing and cleaning of vehicles on last day in field
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe and responsible manner keeping in mind workplace health and safety requirements.
- Abide by the Winnaa Pty Ltd Code of Conduct and policy and procedures.
The Cultural Heritage Field Officer reports to the Team Leader.
The work roster for Winnaa Pty Ltd is currently 7 days on and 4 days off. You will fly from the closest major airport to your home location (Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton) to Mackay and then travel with the other workers out to our accommodation camp at Nebo. You will fly up the day before you are rostered to start and fly home on the last day of the round (7th Day) and you will need to find your own way to and from the airport.
Your accommodation will be at Civeo. There are rules at all camps and you are expected to abide by these rules. The accommodation camp at Nebo is a dry camp which means that no alcohol is to be consumed at any time. If you breach this rule or any other code of conduct you will be asked to leave immediately and your employment will be terminated. Any complaint received from another accommodation provider will be deemed as a breach as well. At times you may stay at alternative accommodation sites such as Coppabella, Middlemount, Dysart and Moranbah.
Once you are selected to be employed by Winnaa Pty Ltd, also note that a drug (urine sample) and alcohol (breathalyser) tests will be conducted prior to the commencement of your employment and also during your employment. The coal board medical (CBM) and then standard 11 training are the minimum requirements to enter a mine site in Queensland. The standard 11 training takes 2 days to complete and the CBM takes one day. We will try and get these done in a location where you reside, so you don’t have to travel to Mackay until you complete these two requirements.
Once employed you will be employed on a 6 month contract basis. Once the directors meet to discuss candidates for these positions we will inform you of the decision. At this stage we are not needing people to start but once we do it will be within 2 weeks of notification depending on when we can book CBM and Standard 11 training.