The Contracts Administrator is responsible for supporting projects across 3BB services including recruitment, workforce services and equipment hire. You will be accountable for a range of activities including initiating, planning, support, administration, management and close-out of Contracting activities, ensuring governance and accuracy as well as recruitment, onboarding, accounting and payroll support.
Job Title: Contracts and Administrations Officer (Projects)
Location: Project Sites
Reports To: Operations Manager
- What you’ll do
- Uphold and undertake best practise Contracting and Procurement processes, procedures, guidelines, tools in line with 3BB governance.
- Play a key partnering role with contractors, vendors, suppliers (risk based).
- Ensure contracts for provision of goods and services are performance based and utilise appropriate mechanisms to manage risk to tolerable levels on both contracting entity sides.
- Ensure all SOW’s, key market engagement documents and contract types/mechanisms are selected on a basis of minimising 3BB’ Contractual and Commercial risk exposure, and are supported by clear requirements/deliverables and associated risks are mitigated to tolerable levels, including close collaboration with 3BB Corporate Commercial teams as appropriate .
- Responsible for obtaining all internal contract approvals signatures, including preceding shortlisting, recommendation to award, Contract Authorisation Form preparation etc.
- Manage the requirements for payroll.
- Manage the payable and receivables and appropriate cost allocation within the MYOB accounts system.
- Laisse with the external accountant as required.
- Facilitate / participate in project kick-off meetings for works under contract (services, goods supply, site works).
- Assist the Administration officer with Commercial engagement on all complex/high risk Supply and Site works contracts
- Fulfil Contract Administration support across contracts including assessment of Progress Claims / invoices, management of variations, identify and exercise OEM/ Vendor Expediting strategies (de-risking) for Supply contracts, Commercial/Contract Close-out requirements and engagement in Dispute Resolution as required.
- Provide general purchasing support to Projects team including vendor pre-qualification, setup/preparation of purchasing requisitions, follow up of POs, Terms and Conditions, and liaising with 3BB accounts team where necessary.
- Provide Change Management support /contractual interface for any changes, variations under Contract with appropriate supporting documents.
- Collate the daily timesheets, run sheets and equipment inspection reports and formulate summary reports.
- Develop documented processes for standard tasks. Utilise business tools for meeting collaboration and providing timely email correspondence.
- Act as Safety Leader and within site procedures and rules when at site.
- Manage and assist in the compliance requirements required for personnel and equipment entering site
- Assist in the onboarding of personnel onto site
- What you bring
- You will bring a willing to make a difference and an element of fun to join in our team, in addition you will:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration/Law and/or Engineering, Construction Management (Contract management focused) would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar capacity in a Projects environment/capacity (Sustaining and/or major Projects) across resources and/ or professional services industries.
- Commercial understanding/capabilities including Contract Management knowledge and practical application, together with exposure to Project Management.
- An excellent understanding of statutory requirements, company policies and procedures and how these operate during the life cycle of an asset
- Capability to manage multiple tasks within competing priorities / timeframes and other constraints.
- Working proficiency in MS Office suite, SharePoint, and MS Teams; and base User knowledge of EERO , MYOB or equivalent.
- Exceptional communication skills including interpersonal, negotiation, influencing, verbal and written; building relationships at all levels that are valued and sustainable.
- Developed listening skills and ability to ask necessary questions to obtain a perfectly clear understanding of requirements before commencing work.
- Good office management skills (updating of relevant documentation, registers and files).
- Excellent time and priority management skills requiring a high degree of accuracy and decision-making.
- Problem-solving, structured and systematic approach with enthusiasm, commitment and self-direction.
- Current ‘C’ Class drivers licence.
This position description is general in nature and is not intended to be all inclusive. Descriptions may be modified or responsibilities changed.
Close Date: 11th August 2023