Responsible for the planning, safe and efficient execution of the operational works of 3BB Contracting. The initial project accountabilities include GYRS and Saraji rehabilitation project. It is recognised that the “Responsibilities “of the role may vary as the work on hand and in the development pipeline varies. Any changes will be discussed and reasonably agreed by the Operations Manager. The interface with the 3BB Contracting Operations Manager is critical and a close relationship with the other 3BB team members is essential.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Location: Projects, Office & Project sites
Reports to: Operations Manager/ Project Manager
- Safe Operation
- Manage the safety of the project which includes:
- Compliance with the site SHMS
- Daily pre starts with the teams
- Leading the incidents investigations where required
- Collection and assessment of pre start sheets for all equipment
- Carrying out and being a part of risk assessments where applicable
- Ensuring site personnel are compliant with their daily personal risk assessment requirements
- Daily fatigue and fit for work requirements
- People management
- Manage the performance of the people including establishing the operational standards, behavioural standards, skills attainment, training requirements and scheduling.
- Review and sign off on daily timesheets for personnel.
- Ensure the people and operations perform in accordance with the site safety requirements including the Site SHMS, 3BB Safety Management standards and relevant mining act and regulations
- Manage the day to day labour planning and resourcing including the allocation of work, management and approval of leave, labour coverage, overtime.
- Be involved in the assessment and management of personal entering and leaving the 3BB business.
- Operations Management
- Work collaboratively with the client supervisors and representatives and attend meetings as required.
- Prepare 3BB plan of works for labour and equipment based on BHP requirements and our owns assessment of the most efficient plan and schedule of works.
- Coordinate the operational equipment requirements and maintenance planning and scheduling of equipment maintenance.
- Arrange for maintenance as required for breakdown and equipment rectification works.
- Collate and review the daily pre start sheets and plan/ schedule works accordingly.
- Communicate to 3BB Operations managers and team as required – requests from BHP site management or 3BB personal that need management signoff.
- Be a point of contact on site for BHP to
- Review general information
- Plan daily, weekly and future operational requirements
- Prepare in collaboration with 3BB Operations management and share the 3BB weekly planning sheet with BHP
- Complete and collate the daily run sheets for 3BB projects
- Identify opportunities for improvement and systems that may provide efficiency for both the 3BB business as well as the client.
- Identify project growth opportunities and communicate and coordinate with 3BB management and BHP to progress these opportunities.
- Coordinating where required the supply items required on the project.
- Involvement in the claims and invoicing for projects with the 3BB management.
- Roster & Hours
- Close Date: 11th August 2023